Thursday, November 15, 2007

 

Team National versus My Power Mall By Steve Kent

A few weeks ago a very good friend of mine called me about this wonderful new endeavor she was a part of and wanted to tell me all about it. Well I have always respected her business sense. She had a good head on her shoulders and she already was a part owner and accountant of a local business. So I sat down and told her to tell me all about it.

She said that between her and her husband, she was the skeptical one. She said that she was approached by five different people and everyone one of them was thrilled that they had become members of a company by the name of Team National.

She began to tell me of this wonderful business where you could become a member and could shop at hundreds of stores for just about anything that you would buy on a daily basis. The membership discounts were really great in and of themselves but that there was another membership category where you could actually make money rather than just save money.

She was very open with! me and I asked her what the bottom line was. Actually I think I just blurted out, "it all sounds great to me but how much did all this cost?" There was a little pause and she told me that it was right at $2000.00, but that they would get that back in a matter of months just by the savings they would have on the products they bought. Flashbacks went through my brain on other companies which sounded too good to be true, you know them, Mary Kay, HerbaLife, and Amway. When I cautioned her she said that this was totally different, that Team National was a member of the Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. Well I told her that I really appreciated her thinking of me because like a lot of people, I am always looking for something to boost the old net income. I told her I would think about it and get back with her. She said she would be looking forward hearing from me and if I was interested, she could arrange for me to attend a meeting to get the full story on why ! this was such a good business to be in.

I thought abo! ut for a couple of days and I have to admit because I had always respected her business sense, there might be something to it. But when it comes to being skeptical, I could be the mother of all skeptics. I decided that I would let my fingers do the walking and I would try and get a little more information from outside sources before I made up my mind to get involved. I am really glad that I did.

Like most people, I got on the internet and using my favorite search engine, I went to work. I found quite a bit of information. People were debating back and forth. One person would be up on the soap box saying how great the company was and another would say that it was nothing more than a scam. There was an article that the company had had some problems in the State of Arkansas over its insurance program and that there had been some settlements over this. But all in all, I guess I didn't find anything that proved that they were conducting any kind of illegal business. So it was re! ally left up in the air as to what credibility the company had.

Page 1 of 2 :: First | Last :: Prev | 1 2 | Next

The author has been writing articles on a number of popular topics for the past 20 years. Only recently has he learned the benefit of publishing them on the internet. www.WorldEndeavors.Biz

The author has been writing articles on a number of popular topics for the past 20 years. Only recently has he learned the benefit of publishing them on the internet. www.WorldEndeavors.Biz


Source: http://www.articlebiz.com/article/107426-1-team-national-versus-my-power-mall/
Free Business Articles Blog

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]